By Chris Grover
Microsoft note has grown significantly in energy, sophistication and potential over the last decade, yet something that hasn't replaced because the early '90s is its person interface. the straightforward toolbar in model 2.0 has been jam-packed with such a lot of good points due to the fact then that few clients recognize the place to discover all of them. as a result, increasingly more individuals are trying to find "insider" advice that may let them use those complex and sometimes hidden positive aspects. Microsoft has addressed this challenge in observe 2007 by means of extensively remodeling the consumer interface with a tabbed toolbar that makes each function effortless to find and use. regrettably, Microsoft's documentation is as scant as ever, so although it is possible for you to to discover complicated positive aspects, you may no longer comprehend what to do with them. note 2007: The lacking guide, written in particular for this model of the software program, explains fundamentals like the way to create files, input and edit textual content, structure, print, and fax. you'll also will how you can create refined web page layouts, insert types and tables, use pics, and create book-length records with outlines and grasp records. assurance additionally contains the right way to proportion records with folks and courses, create web content, automate files with fields, and automate initiatives with macros and the visible uncomplicated scripting language. This e-book indicates you ways to do all of it.
Read or Download Word 2007 The Missing Manual PDF
Similar desktop publishing books
PostScript, a innovative, device-independent web page description language, is readily turning into the normal for printing top quality built-in textual content and portraits. it's a strong, versatile language that has the power to explain successfully the looks of textual content, photographs, and photo fabric at the published web page.
Musical notation provided strange demanding situations to the hot craft of printing within the 15th century. Its calls for have been so tricky that the 1st impact of tune from steel style was once no longer made till a whole 20 years after the 1st published alphabetic texts. by means of the top of the century dozens of such fonts had seemed all through Europe.
Manly Crafts supplies complete step by step directions for 35 artful tasks with not anything frilly, lacy, or pastel in sight. how to make a 5-cent marriage ceremony band, leather-based iPod case, and paracord bullwhip!
- Adobe Acrobat X for Windows and Macintosh: Visual QuickStart Guide
- Psychology of system design
- Adobe Acrobat 8 for Windows and Macintosh
- MCDST Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-272): Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on Microsoft Windows XP (Pro-Certification)
- Photo Finish: The Digital Photographer's Guide to Printing, Showing, and Selling Images
- Dreamweaver MX PHP Web Development
Additional info for Word 2007 The Missing Manual
Find the tools you need on the View tab (Figure 1-7). To get there, click the View tab (Alt+W) on the ribbon (near the top of Word's window). The tab divides the view commands into four groups: Document Views. These commands change the big picture. For the most part, use these when you want to view a document in a dramatically different way: two pages side by side, Outline view, Web layout view, and so on. Show/Hide. The Show/Hide commands display and conceal Word tools like rulers and gridlines.
What's XML and Why Should I Care? 2. 3. 4. Attaching an XML Schema to Your Document Chapter 16. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. Protecting Your Document from Changes Part IV: Customizing Word with Macros and Other Tools Chapter 17. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. Changing Editing Options Chapter 18. 1. 2. 3. 4. Removing Personal Information Chapter 19. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Using Digital Signatures Chapter 20. 1. 2. 3. Using Global Templates Part V: Appendix Appendix A. 1. 2. 3. Third-Party Web Sites Colophon Index Copyright © 2007 O'Reilly Media, Inc.
1. 2. Choosing a Template Chapter 6. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. Checking Your Word Count Chapter 7. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. Setting Print Options Part II: Creating Longer and More Complex Documents Chapter 8. 1. 2. 3. 4. Showing Parts of Your Outline Chapter 9. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. Working with a Master Document Chapter 10. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. Doing Math in Tables Chapter 11. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. Adding Captions and Figure Numbers to Graphics Chapter 12. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. Applying Merge Rules Part III: Sharing Documents and Collaborating with Other People Chapter 13.