By Larry Berger, Michael Colton, Manek Mistry, Paul Rossi, Zachary Mandell, Joshua Mandell
Each year, the variety of scholars taking the SAT rises. and each 12 months, schools have gotten extra aggressive. Throw the weakened financial system into the combo, and it creates an ideal typhoon for Up Your Score: a e-book of worthy test-taking knowledge, the single e-book written by means of "been-there-done-that" little ones, the single advisor that children will get pleasure from utilizing. It’s confirmed to work—the scholars who created Up Your Score all nailed the SAT and went directly to the schools in their selection, together with this year's 2,400-scoring visitor editor.
A guerrilla advisor that is an ideal supplement (and truth payment) for the scholar who has already attempted Princeton overview or Kaplan, Up Your Score injects real-life humor and angle into the dry company of try out prep. Its vocabulary is wealthy and energetic with examples that youngsters will relate to, and with confirmed tips to make definitions memorable. It covers the 8 major problems with math, with test-wise, problem-solving ideas. to aid scholars ace the writing part, it addresses the thirteen most vital grammar principles to grasp. And it indicates find out how to "psych out" the try out: easy methods to imagine just like the SAT. tips on how to organize the essay upfront. the easiest how you can fill in resolution circles and different concepts to save lots of useful mins. Plus, counsel for retaining focus, why it is often higher to bet than to depart a question unanswered, and a recipe for energy-boosting candy & Tasty 800 Bars (and the best way to smuggle them into the trying out hall).
FREE: An iPod obtain to aid clients study the six hundred key vocabulary words.
Read or Download Up Your Score: The Underground Guide to the SAT PDF
Similar study aids books
CompTIA Security+: Get qualified Get forward: SY0-301 learn consultant is an replace to the top-selling SY0-201 consultant, which helped millions of readers move the examination the 1st time they took it. The SY0-301 model covers each element of the SY0-301 examination, and contains an analogous components readers raved approximately within the past model.
CISSP examine consultant, 3rd version presents readers with info at the CISSP certification, the main prestigious, globally-recognized, vendor-neutral examination for info protection professionals.
With over 100,000 pros qualified around the globe, and plenty of extra becoming a member of their ranks, this new 3rd variation provides every little thing a reader must comprehend at the most up-to-date model of the exam's universal physique of Knowledge.
The 8 domain names are coated thoroughly and as concisely as attainable, permitting clients to ace the examination. each one area has its personal bankruptcy that features a specially-designed pedagogy to aid clients go the examination, together with clearly-stated examination targets, precise phrases and definitions, examination warnings, "learning via example" modules, hands-on workouts, and bankruptcy finishing questions.
• offers the main whole and potent research consultant to arrange clients for passing the CISSP examination, giving them precisely what they should go the test
• Authored by way of Eric Conrad who has ready countless numbers of execs for passing the CISSP examination via SANS, a favored and famous association for info protection professionals
• Covers the entire new details within the universal physique of information up to date in January 2015, and in addition presents tests, tiered end-of-chapter questions for a gentle studying curve, and a whole self-test appendix
Within the CliffsComplete courses, the novel's whole textual content and a thesaurus look side-by-side with coordinating numbered traces that will help you comprehend strange phrases and phraseology. you will additionally locate the entire statement and assets of a typical CliffsNotes for Literature. CliffsComplete Hamlet covers information of the main broadly produced and critiqued Shakespearean play.
This re-creation of the 'Intermediate English Grammar' offers inexperienced persons of English from intermediate point upwards with a wealth of reference and perform fabric.
- Human Geography of the UK
- Shakespeare Made Easy, Macbeth
- CompTIA Network+ N10-005 Authorized Cert Guide
- CISSP Study Guide (3rd Edition)
Additional info for Up Your Score: The Underground Guide to the SAT
3. Take advantage of the SAT and College Board services. Since many colleges consider only your highest score, you can take the SAT more than once. For example, if you are planning to take the test in May or June, you can also register for the January test date and sign up for one of the new services that the College Board now offers to help you learn from your first test (and to make themselves more money). The Question-and-Answer Service provides you with a copy of the test you took, your answers, the correct answers, scoring instructions, and information about the type and difficulty of each question.
What is a “good score” on the SAT? Each section of the test is scored on a scale of 200 to 800. So the perfect combined score is 2400 (math plus critical reading plus writing), and the score you really, really don’t want to get is a 600. No, seriously, what score should I shoot for? Well, that depends. First, you have to consider what your goals are. Some of you are reading this book because the NCAA rules require that you get a certain minimum score in order to be eligible to play on an intercollegiate team as a freshman.
2. Try to convince yourself that the things you learn in today’s study session will enable you to think critically and to sound articulate for the rest of your life. ) 3. Realize that the opposite sex is often attracted to equations and big words. ) 4. Note that the average teenager burns approximately 115 calories during an hour of intense studying. ) The above techniques do not work because they use positive thinking. The SAT does not inspire positive thinking. You must learn to think negatively.