By Daniel Reid
Written by way of a Westerner for the Western brain, this is the 1st ebook to discover in gentle of recent technology the balanced and entire procedure of overall healthiness care utilized by chinese language physicians, martial artists, and meditators for over 5,000 years.
Drawing on unique chinese language resources and years of non-public adventure, the writer introduces the philosophy of Tao and offers exact, sensible info on:
* nutrition and meals, together with pattern menus
* meals combining, and detoxifying the body
* particular meals and juices as remedies for a variety of illnesses (including such smooth Western matters as high blood pressure, melanoma, infertility, herpes, and AIDS)
* fasting and excretion
* respiring exercises
* actual routines for lengthy lifestyles, overall rest, and basic health
* acupuncture and therapeutic massage techniques
* Taoist beginning control
* intercourse therapy
* bed room arts and methods to make sure whole pride for either companions (considered crucial for stable overall healthiness and lengthy life)
* natural aphrodisiacs and different sexual aids
* meditation -- turning essence into power and effort into spirit
With many useful charts and transparent illustrations, The Tao of wellbeing and fitness, intercourse and Longevity makes the traditional "Way" simply obtainable to these looking the newest in New Age well-being care.
Uploader's note: caliber is retailesque
Read or Download The Tao of Health, Sex, and Longevity: A Modern Practical Guide to the Ancient Way PDF
Best new age books
ONE observe alterations EVERYTHING
For greater than twenty centuries, phrases inside of a sacred textual content have mystified, harassed, and been misunderstood by means of just about all who learn them. just a only a few humans via background have discovered that the phrases are a riddle, and that after you clear up the riddle--once you discover the mystery--a new international will look prior to your eyes.
In The Magic, Rhonda Byrne finds this life-changing wisdom to the area. Then, on an important 28-day trip, she teaches you ways to use this data on your daily life.
No topic who you're, irrespective of the place you're, it doesn't matter what your present conditions, The Magic goes to alter all your life!
Own progress pioneer Shakti Gawain has been mentoring readers towards optimum dwelling for 3 a long time. Her books are ever-vital classics that not just broke flooring for friends resembling Eckhart Tolle, Marianne Williamson, Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer, and Don Miguel Ruiz yet proceed to empower succeeding generations of seekers and academics.
Mild the fires of social gathering with Beltane’s invigorating strength
Beltane—also often called could Day—is a time of fertility and development. because the commence of the summer time, Beltane is the proper time to place plans into motion. This consultant to the heritage and smooth celebrations of Beltane exhibits you ways to accomplish rituals and paintings magic for defense, abundance, and extra.
Llewellyn’s Sabbat necessities discover the previous and new methods of celebrating the seasonal rites which are the cornerstones of the witch’s 12 months.
Extra info for The Tao of Health, Sex, and Longevity: A Modern Practical Guide to the Ancient Way
Gabinetto Fotografico. Fot 13417/n. Inv. N. Ih5h9) 11 . Ceres and the nymphs. Relief panel from the southeast corner of the Ara Pacis Augustae. (Courtesy Deutsches Archaologisches Institut. Rome, neg. 1449) 12 • Standing Ceres with kalathos and wheat stalks. Bronze statuette. Paris. Bibliotheque Nationale, (Courtesy Bibliotheque Nationale de France, © cliche: Bibliotheque Nationale de France, Paris) 13 . Seated Ceres with corona spicea. wheat stalks. and basket of wheat Wall painting from Pompeii.
72 This new attitude toward the mourning of the dead is demanded by a state that must recruit a standing army if it is to survive. After the Battle of Cannae, the Senate had to demand further sacrifice of individuals in the war against Hannibal, and so it may have found a need to silence the disruptive laments of women, who were crying out for peace rather than compliantly accepting further personal loss. HolstWarhaft goes on to note that such attempts to restrict mourning in Athens had to be accompanied by a substitute for the laments of women if they were to gain popular support.
018. (Courtesy Direzione Generale Musei Vaticani. neg. XXXI. 94) 20 . Proserpina. Ceres. and lacchus. Terracotta relief from the Lovatelli urn Rome. Museo Nazionale delle Terme. (Courtesy Alinarif Art Resource. NY. S00610301 AN2023) 21 . Ceres pursuing Hades and Proserpina Marble sarcophagus relief. Aachen. Miinster G 3. (Courtesy Aachen Cathedral © Domkapitel Aachen. Photo by Ann Miinchow, Aachen) 22 . Wheat stalks and poppies of Ceres, clasped hands of Concordia. caduceus of Pa)(. Aureus of Gialba (reverse).