By Christov, Christo
Published always given that 1944, the Advances in Protein Chemistry and Structural Biology sequence is the basic source for protein chemists. every one quantity brings forth new information regarding protocols and research of proteins. each one thematically equipped quantity is visitor edited by way of major specialists in a vast variety of protein-related topics.
- Describes advances in metal-containing enzymes
- Chapters are written via gurus of their field
- Targeted to a large viewers of researchers, experts, and students
- The details supplied within the quantity is easily supported via a couple of top of the range illustrations, figures, and tables
Read or Download Metal-containing enzymes PDF
Similar endocrinology books
Uncomplicated scientific Endocrinology, 3rd version offers updated assurance of quickly unfolding advances within the knowing of hormones taken with regulating such a lot facets of physically services. The dialogue specializes in molecular and mobile points of hormone construction and motion firmly rooted within the context of integrative body structure.
Till lately, the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone procedure has been thought of a systemic endocrine hormonal approach solely. it really is referred to now that every element of the renin-angiotensin process is produced, synthesized and certainly, found in many organisms together with the guts and vessels. This quantity offers the latest scientific and laboratory reviews of the best physicians and investigators within the box of the neighborhood cardiac renin-angiotensin aldosterone process.
Magnesium is the fourth such a lot ample mineral within the physique and is vital to solid health and wellbeing. nearly 50 according to cent of overall physique magnesium is located in bone. the opposite part is located predominantly inside of cells of physique tissues and organs. only one consistent with cent of magnesium is located in blood, however the physique works very demanding to maintain blood degrees of magnesium consistent.
- Diabetes and the Kidney
- Ginecologia Clinical Gynecologic Endocrinology and Infertility
- New Perspectives in GH Research: Davos, March 2002 (Hormone Research)
- Endocrine Replacement Therapy in Clinical Practice (Contemporary Endocrinology)
- Diabetic foot : lower extremity arterial disease and limb salvage
Extra info for Metal-containing enzymes
FEBS Letters, 499, 107–111. , et al. (2000). Aureusidin Synthase: A Polyphenol Oxidase Homolog Responsible for Flower Coloration. Science, 290, 1163–1166. , & Decker, H. (2008). Switch between tyrosinase and catecholoxidase activity of scorpion hemocyanin by allosteric effectors. FEBS Letters, 582, 749–754. , da Silva, A. J. , Lopes, M. L. , & Valente-Mesquita, V. L. (2011). ) after processing. Food Chemistry, 125, 128–132. Robinson, N. , & Winge, D. R. (2010). Copper Metallochaperones. Annual Review of Biochemistry, 79, 537–562.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 75, 3635–3639. , & Deng, J. (2009). Crystal structure of Manduca sexta prophenoloxidase provides insights into the mechanism of type 3 copper enzymes. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 106, 17002–17006. , Soeter, N. , Riggs, A. , Schneider, H. , Moore, M. , et al. (1985). The structure of arthropod hemocyanins. Science, 229, 519–524. Magnus, K. , & Carpenter, J. E. (1994).
5. CONCLUSIONS AND OUTLOOK A significant sequence-specific difference between fungal and plant PPOs exists, due to the nonexistence of a transit peptide in fungi and varying motifs in conserved regions. Based on the sequence information of the core domain, it cannot be predicted if a CO, tyrosinase, or aureusidin synthase is present. Therefore, it is not possible to classify a plant PPO into a CO, tyrosinase, or aureusidin synthase only based on its amino acid sequence. Despite the X-ray structures of type-3 copper proteins and enzymes that have been published in the last 25 years, still many questions are yet not answered.