By David B. Seifer
Prime researchers and skilled clinicians subscribe to forces not just to light up state-of-the-art knowing of the endocrinology of menopause, but additionally to supply a legitimate foundation for its profitable administration. those pro specialists evaluate intimately the cardiovascular, bone, mind, and genitourinary adjustments that accompany menopause and spell out the hazards, advantages, and possible choices of traditional hormone substitute treatment. Selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs), androgen substitute, calcium supplementation, and the position of phytoestrogens also are totally reviewed. Menopause: Endocrinology and administration bargains training physicians a finished realizing of the menopause procedure, in addition to an evidence-based method of optimizing remedy recommendations for the tough scientific difficulties accompanying this crucial interval in women's lives.
Read or Download Menopause: Endocrinology and Management (Contemporary Endocrinology) PDF
Best endocrinology books
Uncomplicated scientific Endocrinology, 3rd version offers up to date insurance of swiftly unfolding advances within the knowing of hormones thinking about regulating such a lot facets of physically features. The dialogue specializes in molecular and mobile elements of hormone construction and motion firmly rooted within the context of integrative body structure.
Till lately, the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone procedure has been thought of a systemic endocrine hormonal approach completely. it really is referred to now that every component to the renin-angiotensin procedure is produced, synthesized and certainly, found in many organisms together with the center and vessels. This quantity provides the newest scientific and laboratory studies of the top physicians and investigators within the box of the neighborhood cardiac renin-angiotensin aldosterone procedure.
Magnesium is the fourth such a lot ample mineral within the physique and is key to reliable healthiness. nearly 50 in line with cent of overall physique magnesium is located in bone. the opposite part is located predominantly inside of cells of physique tissues and organs. just one consistent with cent of magnesium is located in blood, however the physique works very challenging to maintain blood degrees of magnesium consistent.
- The Glycemic Index: Applications in Practice
- The Year in Endocrinology 1977
- Endocrinology of the Vasculature
- Food Factors for Health Promotion (Forum of Nutrition Vol 61)
- Computational Intelligence in Medical Informatics
Additional info for Menopause: Endocrinology and Management (Contemporary Endocrinology)
17. Padilla SL, Garcia JE. Effect of maternal age and number of in vitro fertilization procedures on pregnancy outcome. Fertil Steril 1989;52:270273. 18. Penzias AS, Thompson IE, Alper MM, Oskowitz SP, Berger MJ. Successful use of gamete intrafallopian transfer does not reverse the decline in fertility in women over 40 years of age. Obstet Gynecol 1991;77:3739. 19. NavotD, Rosenwaks Z, Margalioth EJ. Prognostic assessment of female fecundity. Lancet 1987;2:645647. 20. , Hofmann GE. Prognostic assessment of ovarian reserve.
126) reported on the use of transvaginal ultrasound measurement of 25 mm follicles to predict oocyte recovery following gonadotropin stimulation in an IVF protocol. The number of follicles seen after GnRH down-regulation and before gonadotropin stimulation, correlated significantly with the Page 12 number of oocytes recovered for IVF. Follicular number correlated with oocyte recovery more strongly than either age or ovarian volume. 5 oocytes) as compared to those with 127), whereas other studies suggest that the fraction of follicles in the antral stages increases as the total number of remaining follicles decreases (128).
Natriuretic Peptides in Health and Disease, edited by WILLIS K. SAMSON AND ELLIS R. LEVIN, 1997 4. Endocrinology of Critical Diseases, edited by K. PATRICK OBER, 1997 3. Diseases of the Pituitary: Diagnosis and Treatment, edited by MARGARET E. WIERMAN, 1997 2. Diseases of the Thyroid, edited by LEWIS E. BRAVERMAN, 1997 1. Endocrinology of the Vasculature, edited by JAMES R. SOWERS, 1996 Page iii Menopause Endocrinology and Management Edited by David B. Seifer, MD UMDNJRobert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ and Elizabeth A.